Château Léoville-Las Cases: from youth to maturity
Saturday June 10 | 4:45 pm - 6:00 pm
The wines of St-Julien estate Château Léoville Las Cases, one of Bordeaux’s most lauded ‘Super Seconds,’ are noted for their elegance, power, charm – and their longevity.
For this masterclass, export director Antoine Gimbert will lead tasters through eight vintages of the château’s two top estate wines, the Grand Vin and Clos du Marquis, going all the way back to 1988.
Tasters will gain rare insight into the life cycle of these wines, discovering how they evolve and develop, and how they can be drunk and enjoyed all along the continuum from relative youth to full maturity.
This is a masterclass that no Bordeaux lover will want to miss.
Price: $245 per ticket (+ tax)
Time: 4:45 pm - 6 pm
Speaker: Antoine Gimbert, Export Director Domaines Delon
Host: Georgie Hindle, Decanter Premium Editor and Bordeaux Correspondent
WINES TO TASTE:
- Clos du Marquis, St-Julien, Bordeaux, France 2008
- Clos du Marquis, St-Julien, Bordeaux, France 2010
- Grand Vin de Léoville du Marquis de Las Cases, St-Julien, Bordeaux, France 2019
- Grand Vin de Léoville du Marquis de Las Cases, St-Julien, Bordeaux, France 2015
- Grand Vin de Léoville du Marquis de Las Cases, Bordeaux, France 2009
- Grand Vin de Léoville du Marquis de Las Cases, Bordeaux, France 2007
- Grand Vin de Léoville du Marquis de Las Cases, St-Julien, Bordeaux, France 1999
- Grand Vin de Léoville du Marquis de Las Cases, St-Julien, Bordeaux, France 1988
His passion for wine led him to several position in the wine trade: at first for the Chamber of Commerce of Bordeaux, than export manager for a chateau in the Medoc, then in charge of all English speaking markets at Millesima before becoming the head buyer of another website dedicated to private individuals, and at the same time teaching at the INSEEC since 2006, a Business School including a wine and spirits cursus. Of a double nationality (French and Irish), he initially studied Law, then management of the hotel / catering trade before specializing in Wine Law, providing an interesting entrance to the wine world.
Premium Editor and Bordeaux Correspondent
After studying journalism at university, Georgie started her wine career at Decanter as Deputy Editor of Decanter.com in 2011 where she stayed for several years covering wine news and events whilst learning about everything wine has to offer. She now lives in south-west France, and is Decanter’s Premium editor as well as regional editor for France (excluding Champagne, Alsace and Loire), whilst studying for the WSET Diploma in Wines & Spirits.