Each year hundreds of new products are submitted by convention exhibitors, many of whom tell us they like the fact that the program allows vendors to tell our judges exactly which products they want to be considered, and why, from among thousands on display at NAB. Your full page in our post-show Program Guide alone is worth the cost of nomination.
You may submit a product for consideration by one or more of these publications, and you may submit multiple products. Awards for Booth Design will be given by Future US at large.
DEADLINE EXTENSION - Friday 29th March
Friday March 29, 2019. We reserve the right to consider late applicants as circumstances dictate. Please note that on-site nominations are not accepted.
(To view the 2018 Program Guide, click here.)
It should be new since last NAB. A product need not be introduced literally at this show; you might for instance have shown a product some months prior at AES or IBC. Judges are instructed to consider if it’s “new to the NAB Show.”
Judges also have discretion in determining whether a product is new, and in general, we lean toward including, not rejecting. But if a product was shown in the same form at last year’s convention it is not eligible. (If you showed it last NAB in preview form, it may raise questions for judges; include an explanation in your nomination; for instance, “We showed this in beta last year but did not nominate it, and now it is shipping.” Of course, if you nominated it last year, it’s hard to make the case it’s new.)
- DO prepare carefully.
- DO provide a good product photo.
- DO use the full word count.
- DO make the association among multiple products clear.
- DO explain your product to the judges and the public; what makes it unique?
- DON’T provide just a few sentences and a Web link, or just a list of specifications;
- DON’T provide complex images like flow charts (they do not reproduce well when they must run small on a single page).
- DON’T refer to the show in the future tense like “We will show this at NAB,” because the public will see this text after the show.
- DON’T jam multiple products into one nomination; if you are nominating a family of products,